Minimum age in adult courses: 18 years
Minimum age in private classes for children: 4 years
Starting dates: Weekly on Mondays
Lesson duration: 45 minutes. The class language is always the target language.
- The student has to fill in the enrolment form online or in the Microsoft Word version and send it to us by e-mail.
- The contracting parties are student and Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza S.L.
- The student has to pay the non-refundable deposit of 150€ for the course, and if applicable for the accommodation, when making the reservation and will receive the reservation confirmation immediately upon receipt of the registration form and deposit.
- The balance payment has to be paid at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the course by transfer, credit card or in cash.
Services included in the fee:
- language classes
- personal feedback and assessment on the level test
- continuous monitoring of the learning progress
- certificate of participation with a detailed description of the student’s knowledge level
- free use of our facilities
- some leisure activities
Not included in the fee:
- travel costs
- examination fees
- additional leisure activities
- personal insurance cover for illness, accident, theft, cancellation, etc.
2.Cancellation & Refund Policy
- All cancellations must be notified in writing to the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations not received by email will not be accepted
2.1. Covid-19 related cancellation policy for the year 2022
- Full refund will be granted for any cancellations up to 72 hours before the course start (usually the Friday before the course start on Monday) due to the impossibility to travel because of a Covid-19 infection or because of official travel restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The refund applies to any amount paid, including the usually non-refundable deposit and no administration fees will be charged in any way. It has to be proven with a positive PCR test, no older than 72 hours at the moment of sending it by email.
2.2. General cancellation and refund policy, not in relation with Covid-19
- For cancellations made a up to 30 days before the course is due to start, the school will refund all fees paid except the non refundable deposit.
- For cancellations made between a month and a week month before the course is due to start, the school will refund all fees paid deducting from them 25% of the total invoice as well as the non refundable deposit that will be kept as a cancellation fee.
- In cases where a cancellation is made between 7 to 2 days before the course start, the school will return all paid fees deducting from them 40% of the total invoice and the non refundable deposit that will be kept as cancellation fee.
- In no case money will be refunded for cancellations 2 days or less before the course start or less, or once the course or accommodation period has started.
- The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to Act of God, health or personal problems.
- No refunds will be given to students who shorten the booked package or miss lessons for reasons not related to the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza.
- All refunds will have an administration charge of 10% (a minimum of 25€) of the refunded amount.
- Any change of accommodation or program after arrival will incur a fee of 25€.
- If the student wants to change the class days one week or less before the start of the program a fee of 50€ will be charged for the change.ç
- Course breaks (not accommodation breaks) are free of charge as long as the students restarts his course programme within 4 weeks from the start of the break.
Refusal of Visa
- Evidence of visa refusal issued by the Spanish embassy in the student’s country is to be sent to the school by email.
- If an entry visa is not guaranteed and the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza is informed by email 8 days or more before the enrolment start date, a full refund, minus the non refundable deposit, bank charges and courier fees (if applicable), will be sent to the student.
- If the school is informed 7 days or less before the enrolment start date, a cancellation fee, equivalent to the cost of one week (course, accommodation, registration fee, airport transfers, etc.) bank charges and courier fees (if applicable), will be charged.
Students who would like to change level during their stay should talk to the Academic Director. The student will be asked to take a test before being moved to the next level.
Students are awarded a course certificate at the end of their course at Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza. They must have attended at least 80% of the classes in order to receive it.
- Students who would like to change their course during their stay should talk to the Academic Director. Additional charges will apply in the case of upgrades to a different group or person-to-person course; however refunds will not be given if students change to a course of a lower value.
- Change from a group course to a person-to-person course is only possible if the price-difference between the two courses (with the same number of lessons) is paid.
- The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza reserves the right to change any part of the package to another type of similar or better standard where circumstances beyond the school’s control necessitate such changes -in this case no charges will apply.
Reduction in Lessons
- If the number of students participating in a particular level is less than 3 people, the schedule of the 20 lessonsintensiver course will be reduced to 2 (two) lessons per day instead of 4 (four).
- In case of new incorporations to reach 3 people during the course, normal lesson times will be resumed.
- Check-in is on Sunday before the course begins from 6pm onwards. If the student arrives before 6pm and he/she prefers immediate access to his/ her room, the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza recommends that the accommodation is reserved from the night before.
- If the student arrives before Sunday, he/she will need to book the corresponding additional nights
- The student should inform us about the exact arrival time. The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza will inform the student about the process to enter the accommodation and where to receive the key.
- If the students can’t find the key, he/she must call the emergency phone number provided in the confirmation. No refunds are possible in case of not finding the key.
- Check-out is on Saturday after the course ends at 11am. If the student will leave after Saturday, he/she will need to book the corresponding additional nights.
- Upon arrival at the school reception, students pay a damage deposit for the accommodation of 150€ in cash. On the Monday after check-out, the accommodation will be inspected and if no damages have occured, the school will transfer this amount during the week after the check-out to the student’s account.
- When checking out, staff from the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza will check the accommodation before refunding the damage deposit to the student. If a student leaves before the inspection, management reserves the right to refund the damage deposit at a later stage. In order to be checked, the accommodation has to be vacated and keys returned.
- School management reserves the right to fine students where disturbances to other clients or third parties have been reported. In these cases the fine will be taken from this deposit.
- It is very important to note that students’ liability is not limited to150€ and the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza reserves the right to charge extra money or take any other necessary measures as and when required.
Cleaning of the shared apartments
- The student’s room will be cleaned before the student arrives. Bed linen, a large and a small towel will be provided. Beach towels will not be provided.
- The students are responsible for the cleaning of their rooms and the common areas like the kitchen and the bathrooms and for the disposal of garbage.
- The school does not offer any cleaning service except from the initial cleaning of the room before the student’s arrival.
- Rubbish is not to be left to accumulate indoors as this will attract ants and cockroaches (you might not know them from home, but in a Mediterranean climate they appear always during the summer months).
Change of Accommodation – shared apartments
- If a student changes from one accommodation to another accommodation of the same category, an administration fee of 45€ will be charged.
- If a student changes to accommodation of a superior category, the student will also be charged the difference in price.
Change of Accommodation – Host Family Accommodation
- If a student changes from one host family to another host family, an administration fee of 45€ will be charged; the administration fee will also apply if the student changes to any other type of accommodation.
- If a student changes to accommodation of a superior category, the student will also be charged the difference in price.
Meals – Host Family Accommodation
- Students staying in host families who have booked breakfast will receive a continental breakfast including tea or coffee with milk, and an adequate amount of bread or pastry or cereal.
- Students must respect the meal times established by their family. Students should inform their family about the foods they like and don’t like.
- If the student would like to cook, he/she must agree this with the host family.
Inspection of Accommodation
- Management or staff can enter to check the accommodation whenever they deem it necessary. Pots, pans, plates, cutlery etc. must not be moved from one accommodation to another. When inspecting the accommodation on departure, clients will be charged for missing items even if they are in another accommodation.
- Posters, photos, postcards, etc. must not be stuck on to the walls; this is to avoid damaging the plaster – a minimum fee of 45€per room will be charged for touching up paintwork.
- Students are responsible for missing items of inventory, breakages and damages in their accommodation; therefore, it is in the interest of the students who are sharing accommodation to ensure that any damage caused in their accommodation is reported to management immediately.
- Every student will be given his / her own room key and will be charegd for missing or broken keys. Students staying in the shared apartments will be charged 30€ for ordinary keys and 60€ for security keys.
- In the case of accommodation with host families, if students are given a copy of the house key and this is lost, they will have to pay the full cost involved to replace the door lock.
- Students should have a comprehensive health, accident and travel insurance policy which would cover them from the enrolment start date until the enrolment end date (coverage for cancellations, loss and theft of baggage and personal belongings, emergency evacuation, and for any other eventuality that may occur should also be included).
- The School shall in no way be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the student having no or insufficient insurance cover. The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza reserves the right to be fully reimbursed for any medical or related costs it may incur on behalf of the student who requires urgent medical attention. Unless liability is legally imposed, the school will not accept any liability in the case of illness, accident, loss, damage or injury to personal effects or property.
Safety and Security
- Although a number of security measures are in place to ensure that the school and accommodation are safe, personal objects are the individual’s responsibility. Students are advised to take care of their belongings and never leave them unattended.
- Students’ possessions are not covered by the school’s insurance policy and the directors, management or staff cannot be held responsible for the theft, loss, or damage to students’ valuables even while being held for safekeeping.
- The full cost must be paid by students causing any damage to the school or accommodation, or during any service provided by the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza or its sub-contractors.
- In the case of damages caused in shared accommodation, all students in the respective accommodation will be held equally responsible if no single student accepts responsibility.
- Breakages and damages will be charged as they arise.
Complaints, Queries, Problems and Issues
- Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza follows EU and Spanish law on Complaints Procedure. Copies of both the Balaeric Islands government forms and the Instituto’s forms are available at the school reception.
- Regarding courses, accommodation, or any other service provided by the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza or its sub-contractors are to be registered with any member of the management team at the school reception verbally at the time of occurrence. We strongly recommend a follow up in writing by email within 24 hours.
- Queries, problems or issues cannot be resolved unless this procedure has been followed. No complaints and / or claims for compensation will be accepted by the school if queries, problems or issues are brought to the school’s attention more than 24 hours after its occurrence or after the enrolment end date.
- The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza expects all its students to be polite and considerate towards staff, families, students and the public in general.
- The school may, without being held liable in any manner whatsoever, exclude students from any service applied for, if, in the opinion of the directors, management or staff they appear likely to endanger their own health, safety or comfort, or that of other students, sub contractors or third parties, or damage the property or reputation of the school,.
- If a student regularly disregards school and/or accommodation policies and rules, the directors, management or staff reserve the right to expel the student. There will be no refund, and in the eventof repatriation, the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza shall have the right to reclaim anycosts incurred.
Policies and Rules
- All students are bound to abide by the policies and rules of the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza and by the laws governing the country. When a reservation is made by an agent or third party, the person making the booking is responsible to inform the student about the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza terms, conditions, policies and rules. The school’s policies and rules are provided in the Student Manual and other literature supplied and on the Notice Boards.
- Ignorance of the policies and rules will not be accepted as an excuse for non-compliance and may lead to expulsion of the student from the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza.
- By submitting their information, students agree to the storage and use of the information by the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza.
- All information collected by the school will not be passed on to any other organization or third party and will bestored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act of the country and EU GDPR 2018 legislation.
- The directors, management or staff cannot be held responsible for failure to comply with any of their obligations if this is due to a situation beyond the school’s reasonable control. No compensation will be offered by the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza.
Photography and Filming
- The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza may ask permission to use photographs taken during a student’s stay to illustrate its promotional material. If a student wishes that his or herphoto should not appear in this material they should write to the school within one month of the photo-shoot. These photos have no commercial or contractual value. The same applies for video footage taken during a student’s stay.
- The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza does not provide supervision to students whobook an adult course, irrespective of their age.
7. Contracting parties/guarantee
The contract is concluded between the contracting party as defined above and the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza S.L., Avenida Ignacio Wallis 32, 07800 Ibiza, Spain.
8. Applicable law, jurisdiction
Spanish law exclusively shall be applicable to the present contract. As the courts of Ibiza, Spain which have been set as the place of jurisdiction, expressly waiving their own jurisdiction if it were another.
The above General Terms and Conditions shall in no way restrict the general applicable rights of the contractual partner