If you want to apply from within Spain with a tourist visa (stays for up to 90 days), you must have at least 35 days left of your legal stay. So this is a little “riskier” option as you will depend on how fast the local administration works and it is usually relatively slow. You will need the following documents to apply for the student permit (estancia de estudios).
- Application Form
- Current valid passport (all pages)
- The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza acceptance letter for a full-time program (20lessons/week)
- Confirmation of the payment for your course
- Academic program and Cervantes accreditation
- Full coverage medical insurance
- Proof that you have at least 570€ per month at your disposal for living costs (axcept accommodation)
- Proof of accommodation in Ibiza (for example, rental contract, invitation by friend or family member or accommodation provided by the school)
- Medical certificate confirming that you don’t have any diseases that would require you to be quarantined
- Criminal record certificate from your home country, not older than 5 years with a valid apostille certificate
We recommend to apply for this type of student permit at least 5-10 weeks before the start date of your Spanish course at the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza.
You will have to get an appointment at the local Extranjería (Foreigners Office). We strongly recommend you to use a lawyers or specialized gestoría, who will help you with the process in a speedy manner and for a fair charge. We can recommen you some in Ibiza Town.
How long does it take?
It takes apprpximately 2 months to receive an answer from the Extranjería.