General Director and co-founder
Degree in Business Management, English and Spanish Philology
Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen Germany / University of Texas at Austin, USA
Mother tongue: German
Irene Verdugo Sedas
Director of Studies and co-founder
Degree in German and English Philology, PhD and Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA), Master´s in Teaching German as a Foreign Language
Universitat de Barcelona /Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen Germany
Mother tongue: Spanish/Catalan
Welcome to the Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza
The school facilities, the team, our proven methodology and the beautiful surroundings of the island of Ibiza will provide you with the best environment to study Spanish and other foreigh languages. Our mission is to give you all the means to express yourself in Spanish and to have the experience of a lifetime.
Thank you for your trust!
Daniel Dertole & Irene Verdugo Sedas
The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza was founded in 2008 after a detailed analysis of the language courses offer at the island of Ibiza. From the very beginning our main goal is to offer the opportunity to improve the language education provided at secondary and high schools and other institutions of higher education. The Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza is a language school accredited by Instituto Cervantes.
The accreditation by Instituto Cervantes means that the education standards, the teaching quality, the resources and the facilities of the school are awarded for their excellence. The attention, the accommodation and the management of the school are also accredited.
Our mission is to give all our students all the means to express themselves in foreign languages, promote intercultural respect and create motivating and international learning environment.
We guarantee to each student our support in achieving their goals. The students will receive the experience of the highest quality: interactive and interesting lessons and comfortable atmosphere.
“Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”
John Dewey, Philosopher.
Los profesores y la jefatura de estudios
Our Team of teachers consists of the best profesionals with a university degree and experience in teaching of foreign languages. All the teachers are native or bilingual speakers of the language that they teach. We are a team with a great number of different profiles. Graduates in Philology, doctorates, teachers with experience of teaching at other places in Spain, specialists in adult education, specialists in children education. The Head of Studies guarantees that you always get the right teacher to achieve your goals.
La atención al estudiante
Our students services and administration department is there to assist our students with any questions they may have as well as the booking process, before they arrive. This includes any questions that may come up during their stay and with administrative questions there might be after departure. We look forward to welcoming you as a student of Instituto de Idiomas Ibiza and hope you achieve your goal of learning with us while enjoying your stay in Ibiza.
Meet our students
- Me encanta la escuela, las profesoras son superbuenas.Katarzina, 29 años de Cracovia, Polonia
- Las instalaciones son excelentes, las profesoras son buenas y es la experiencia agradable hasta aquí. ¡Gracias!Sasha, 42 años de Moscú, Rusia
- En general es un curso divertido. El ritmo del aprendizaje es bueno. Aparte tuve dos clases privadas que era muy útil para mejorar mi pronunciación. La escuela ofrece un ambiente bueno y profesional que es estupendo.Federico, 24 años de Bologna, Italia
- Ambas profesoras son muy buenas y flexibles con los estudiantes. Se completan perfectamente porque cada enseña de manera diferente. Muy profesional y motiva bien.Klaus, 71 años, Nürnberg, Alemania
- Tenía problemas con la audición. Creo que yo no comprende español :-). Por otro lado era súper. El año que viene llegaré otra vez. ¡GRACIAS!Domininik, 31 años de Viena, Austria
- ¡Un curso muy bueno, muy útil y aplicable rápidamente! (en el restaurante, en la tienda, en la calle, con la gente)Larissa, 41 años de Basel, Suiza